Care & Conduct Policies
Karmê Chöling maintains and updates a comprehensive set of policies that apply to all retreat participants, teachers, residents, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- A Karmê Chöling Code of Conduct, recently revised, for in-house staff/residents, volunteers, guest staff, Meditation Instructor’s (MI) and visiting teachers.
- A participant Code of Conduct signed by program participants at registration.
- Specialized Participant, Parent, Teacher, and Staff Codes for Youth and Family Programs.
In Addition We Also Offer:
- A thorough safety, care and conduct orientation at the beginning of each program.
- A Kasung on duty (KOD) during all programs, trained in First Aid, safety and emotional support.
- Resources for Directors, MI’s and staff regarding trauma-informed mindfulness practices.
- Ongoing/annual conduct, safety and inclusivity training for staff and volunteers.
- A Karmê Chöling Inclusivity Warrior (IW) that anyone may reach out to for support both informally and formally.
- Complete background checks on all new hires.
Questions? Please reach out to our Executive Director, Betsy Henshaw Railla.
Was this helpful?