Last updated: June 2023
The household wellness policy supports our aspiration at Karmê Chöling to be a community of kindness. One of the ways we care for each other is by refraining from spreading illness.
- If you have any cold or flu symptoms while at KCL we will require you to mask, even if you test negative for COVID.
2. Day Visitors
- Please plan to make an appointment to visit - we will ask you about your health and your travel and may ask you to mask or take a rapid test based on your answer.
- If you have a cough or any flu-like symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID within the last 7 days, please reschedule your visit.
- Some special events for day visitors have different testing and masking requirements; if this is the case it will be communicated before the event.
3. Overnight Stays / Retreats
- In the few days before your arrival, please be careful about limiting your exposure.
- Avoid indoor, crowded spaces if possible (e.g. air travel, public transit, indoor concerts, crowded bars, large indoor social gatherings).
- If it is not possible to avoid one of these situations, please wear a N95 mask during the event.
- If you have a cough or any flu-like symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID within 7 days of your arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before your arrival.
- We recommend taking a rapid COVID test before you leave home, to save yourself a trip if you test positive.
- Please bring one box of rapid COVID tests with you (2 tests).
- Take one rapid test on arrival; save the other test for use in case you develop symptoms while at KCL.
If you contract COVID while in a program/staying overnight at KCL, we will ask you to return home as soon as possible.
Until you can depart your retreat, you will be asked to:
- Quarantine in your room/ have a room assigned to you for 5 days
- Eat meals in your room
- Bath in single-use bathrooms and
- Mask indoors - You will be asked to mask indoors for a total of 10 days from the onset of symptoms or/and positive COVID test. (ex. Day you test positive = Day 0, next day = Day 1)
As our protocols continue to evolve, check this site periodically. If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com
Was this helpful?