Karmê Chöling offers financial aid to individuals for nearly all of the programs we offer. Our intention is to distribute our funds fairly to as many people as possible, with special consideration given to applicants with the greatest need.
Additionally, Karmê Chöling strongly encourages anyone seeking financial aid to do so first from as many other sources as possible, including:
- Friends, Family, and local Sangha who may wish to support your practice path.
- Your Local Shambhala Center or Practice Group. Check to see if there is aid available through your local center. When applicable, Karmê Chöling will match scholarships offered by local centers. Together the total may be no more than 100% of the discount program price.
Financial Assistance Applications
Special Funding Available
Shambhala People of Color Scholarships
If you identify as a person of color, you may be eligible for a scholarship through the Shambhala People of Color Scholarship Fund that may cover part or all of your program costs. Shambhala People of Color Scholarship Fund
All other participants in need of assistance may choose the option below that best fits their needs.
Karmê Chöling matches scholarships from Shambhala city centers. For example, if your local center offers you a $200 scholarship, Karmê Chöling will match that amount (not to exceed the discounted price of the program).
The guidelines for receiving a matching scholarship are:
- Participants are responsible for contacting their local Shambhala center to initiate a scholarship for matching.
- Matching scholarships from Karmê Chöling must be requested by your city center at least 15 days before the start of the program. Karmê Chöling is not able to grant matching scholarships past the 15-day deadline, including on or after arrival.
- To be eligible for a matching scholarship, participants with existing balances of $500 or more, or who are late on any existing payment plan, must pay the new balance not covered by the matching scholarship in full at least 15 days prior to the start of the program.
- Matching scholarships are not available for accommodations, materials, or teaching gifts.
- The total of scholarships received from your center plus from Karmê Chöling may not exceed the discounted price of the program.
Contact the Scholarship Coordinator to find out more information or to apply for a matching scholarship.
Other Financial Aid Options
- A student discount is available for full-time students.
- Scholarships other than those above are available for individuals who apply and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Shambhala benefits are available according to the guidelines set out in the Shambhala Practice Centre Financial Information Package.
Financial Aid Guidelines:
- You must apply for the student discount, or other financial aid at least two weeks before the start of the program.
- For Shambhala benefits, applications must be submitted at least one month before the start of the program.
- Karmê Chöling is not able to grant financial aid on or after your program’s arrival day.
- To be eligible for financial aid, any outstanding balance on existing payment plans should be less than $500 and payments should be current.
- Housing for people who are approved for a student discount or a scholarship includes shrine room floor, dorm bed, or tent only. No other housing options will be considered without a physician’s written recommendation.
- Scholarships, discounts, and/or other financial aid may not be used in combination with each other.
- None of the Karmê Chöling financial aid options may be applied to accommodations, materials, or teaching gifts
Please be sure to also review our Payment Policy.
Was this helpful?