Paying for Programs
- Deposit required to hold registration or housing.
- 100% of payment due 2 weeks prior to program.
- For participants using payment plan option, at least 50% of payment due 2 weeks prior to program. Balance may be paid in monthly installments, taking up to 6 months to pay in full.
- Participants are encouraged to make an additional payment as a donation to help provide financial support for others to attend programs.
- To be eligible for a payment plan, any outstanding balance on existing payment plans should be less than $500 and payments should be current.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, any existing payment plans should be current.
- Karmê Chöling is not able to grant scholarships on or after arrival. Financial aid arrangements must be made in advance, at least 2 weeks prior to the program.
- Karmê Chöling discourages debt. Participants wishing to attend a program who have an existing outstanding balance of $500 or more or who are not current on any payment plans are required to pay for the new program in full 2 weeks prior to the arrival date.
- Programs that cost under $500 require a $100 deposit.
- Programs that cost $500 or more require a $200 deposit.
- Deposits and payments are refundable up to two weeks prior to the program start date, minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- After the two week deadline, Karmê Chöling will deduct a $25 cancellation fee and retain the rest of your deposit as credit towards another program. This credit will expire after two years. Any payments over the deposit will be refunded.
- For solitary retreat cabins, deposits and payments are refundable up to six weeks prior to the retreat start date, minus a $35 fee for cancellations or changing retreat dates by one month or more.
- After the six-week deadline, deposits for solitary retreat cabins are non-refundable except under extenuating circumstances (such as illness or death in the family), in which case $35 is retained and the balance can be applied to another program or refunded to you.
- No refunds or credits are given for cancellations on or after arrival day.
Financial help may be available. To learn more go to our Financial Assistance page.