Join Our Staff
Core Staff Positions
Residential core staff form a community of practitioners dedicated to exploring and manifesting the wisdom of the Shambhala® teachings. Having a current and established connection of practice and study in the Shambhala lineage is necessary for all residential core staff positions. The essence of practice, study, work and community is the same: to serve others while opening to the natural, awake quality of mind. We seek applicants who are genuinely inspired by these teachings to apply!
What we seek in applicants
- dedication to the vision and principles of Shambhala
- a current and established path of practice, study and involvement within Shambhala. Examples of this are:
- have completed and are currently attending Shambhala Training Levels, programs and classes;
- volunteering, attending events and actively engaging with the Shambhala community;
- regularly attend meditation practice sessions at a Shambhala Center; have a current and ongoing relationship with a Meditation Instructor
- are a member and pay dues of any amount
- those who feel a strong connection with the Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche as their main teacher
- job skills relevant to the position applied for
- the willingness to engage in community while balancing personal needs
- the qualities of cheerfulness, flexibility, integrity, commitment, personal discipline/decorum and a sense of humor
- US Citizenship or valid work VISA
Staff commit to
- Stay 1-2 years minimum depending upon position
- Work 27 1/2 hours per week
- Provide 3-5 hours of additional community work (e.g. dish shifts etc.)
- Attend all classes, practice sessions, meetings, and community events
- Room (staff dormitory or private room depending upon position); Meals (includes organic produce from our garden)
- 28 paid days off per year, huge discounts on programs and more!
- Modest Stipend
- Free periodic staff classes within the Shambhala tradition
- Two hours each day for formal meditation practice
- Personal Meditation Instructor
*Please Note: If you are not a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, then you must pre-clear your immigration status with us before applying. Only certain Core Staff Positions qualify to apply for US Religious Worker VISA status and you must meet certain requirements.
If you have any questions, please email the Head of Personnel.