Extend Your Stay
Come Early and Stay Longer!
When you participate in an intensive group retreat at Karmê Chöling you may extend your stay before and after the program. This option provides retreatants with a gentle transition between retreat time and daily life, offers additional practice time in a supportive environment, and provides opportunities to explore Karmê Chöling outside the rigorous schedule of a program.
Prerequisites for an extended stay are:
Participation in an intensive group retreat, such as Two-Week-Retreat, Dathün, Qigong Intensives, Enlightened Society Assembly, Sacred World Assembly, Vajrayana group retreats and Scorpion Seal Assemblies.
The extended stay is not available for all programs. Please email Practice and Education or call (802) 633-2384 ext. 105 to find out if extended stay is available for your program.
Schedule, Practice Environment and Amenities
The schedule of an extended stay must contain a daily practice component of sitting practice or Vajrayana practices. The staff meditation rooms are open to retreatants, who are also welcome to participate in daily practice hours of the staff, classes and other events. Meals are shared with the staff in the dining room. Retreatants are asked to join in dish washing or other chores once a day.
We do not provide facilities for solitary in-house retreats. The meditation room might sometimes be used for community meetings and classes.
Karmê Chöling primarily hosts meditation retreats with a constant ebb and flow of guests to the steady heartbeat of change between quiet and lively atmospheres. If your desire is for strict solitary practice in a quiet environment, then please read about our solitary Cabin Retreats.
Program sessions and teachings are not open to in-house retreatants.
- An environment that is conducive to deep meditation practice, reconnecting with human nature and the beauty of the outdoors.
- The friendly support of the resident staff
- A meeting with a meditation instructor upon request in advance
- The use of the staff meditation room with times of group practice and solitary practice
- Participation in staff classes and events
- Beautiful grounds with hiking trails and an organic vegetable garden
- An audio/video library with Shambhala® Buddhist teachings for all levels of meditation practice; you must tell us a week in advance if you want to take advantage of this option.
- A library on topics of meditation and Buddhism
- Space for physical exercises like yoga or qigong
- A fitness room with training equipment
- Good healthy food
Pricing and Reservations
The daily rate for an extended stay or in-house retreat is $30 plus accommodation fees.
To schedule your extended stay, please email Practice and Education or call (802) 633-2384 ext. 105.
For accommodation inquiries please email Registration or call (802) 633-2384 ext.103.