Weekthün - Winter 2024
To be announced
Date & Time Details:
Generosity Price - $1250
Tuition - $1040
This will be added in during the registration process.
Donation gift to the teacher.
Make a heart gift
Read our Wellness Policy
A weekthün or “week-long session” is an in-depth introduction to and deepening of the mindfulness-awareness meditation technique. Doing this practice transforms how we relate to ourselves and everyday life by allowing us to get to know our mind and patterns.
Weekthüns also explore the Shambhala principle of basic goodness -- that we are all, at the core, worthy and complete. Learning this principle is a journey where by we make friends with who we are and draw out our inherent fearlessness.
From this point of view, meditation is not a tool to fix ourselves or improve our abilities. Rather, it is a direct path to connecting with our fundamental wisdom.
As the daily meditation practice and routine of this retreat unfolds, we will discover an atmosphere in which we can trust in the experience of truly feeling ourselves, the natural world, and human society.
Meditation & Practice
- Sitting Meditation: We will work with basic sitting meditation or shamatha practice. Shamatha allows us to touch in with our experience of the present moment.
- Individual Meditation Instruction: Each person receives guidance and support from an experienced Meditation Instructor. The MIs can answer in-depth questions about your individual practice.
- Talks by Senior Teachers: Experienced teachers share their understanding and insight of the view and path of meditation.
- Study Periods: Time is set aside for study and contemplation, allowing participants to explore the concepts behind mindfulness-awareness meditation.
- Walking Meditation: Mindful walking practices are incorporated into the daily schedule, cultivating a sense of presence while in motion.
- Silence Practice: Periods of silence give us a reprieve from the usual distraction of conversation and discursiveness.
- Contemplative Meals: Meals become another aspect of mindfulness, allowing us to pay attention to the food and our attitudes to it.
Retreat Schedule Sample
- 7:00am Early Morning Practice Session
- 8:00am Oryoki-style* Breakfast
- 9:00am Morning Practice Session
- 12:30pm Oryoki-style* Lunch
- 1:30pm Work Period
- 3:00pm Afternoon Practice Session
- 4:00pm Tea Break
- 4:30pm Late Afternoon Practice Session
- 6:00pm Oryoki-style* Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Practice Session
- 9:00pm End of Day
Karmê Chöling values its commitment to making programs affordable and available to all who wish to study with us. To support this commitment we provide two program price options.
Generosity Price: $1,250.00
You're able to help us with this commitment by choosing the "Generosity Price". The money above the basic tuition cost goes into a scholarship fund for those who might not be able to attend a program otherwise.
This is the price of the program, it does not include housing options or material fees.
Price does not include accommodations, which will be added during the registration process.
Please read the payment policy before proceeding with registration.
Karmê Chöling offers full-time student discounts, scholarships and other financial aid.
If using existing program credit to pay for a program, you must pre-register for this program at least two weeks prior to the program start date by calling the front desk (802-633-2384 x3000). Program credit may not be used to pay for housing or practice materials and may not be used on or after arrival day.