Support Karmê Chöling
For donations of $200 or more, we offer a variety of calligraphies. Please view the current offering by clicking here.
Karmê Chöling appreciates your kindness and generosity. Thanks to your support, we continue to introduce meditation to people from all over the world, as well as offer excellent programming and retreats for long-time practitioners, supporters, and friends.
To donate, please follow one of the links below. If you choose to contact our Development Department to donate, please do not include credit card information in your email; we will contact you directly for any additional information needed to process your donation.
The Saddharma Association: Saddharma members commit to an unrestricted contribution payable on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis. This reliable contribution enables us to plan and budget effectively and is a crucial part of Karmê Chöling’s financial stability.
In 2009, a total of 77 Saddharma members contributed $89,900. Our goal is to add a new Saddharma member every quarter in addition to increasing the donations of current members. Please commit to being a part of the financial foundation of Karmê Chöling in 2010. If you are already a member of the Saddharma Association, please invite someone new to join, and consider increasing your monthly contribution today.
- Click here to join the Saddharma Association online
- Contact us to arrange membership in the Saddharma Association
The Kubera Association is a group of committed individuals who support Karmê Chöling with a contribution of between $20 and $99 per month. In 2008, 225 Kubera members contributed $52,700. In 2009 we increased the membership to 293 members giving a total of $63,194. Thank you for helping us exceed our goals and for your ongoing support. In 2010 our goal is to increase the support of already existing members as well as adding 7 members per month and increase Kubera total giving to $70,500 by the end of 2010. Please support Karme Choling by becoming a member of the Kubera Association or by increasing your contribution today.
For added convenience, Saddharma and Kubera Association members can arrange to donate automatically through a bank account or a credit card.
- Click here to join the Kubera Association online
- Contact us to arrange membership in the Kubera Association
Other Ways to Support Karmê Chöling:
Donor-Designated Contributions: We greatly appreciate donor-designated contributions. These gifts have paid for:
- Renovation and uplift of all our Shrine rooms
- Painting the outside of the house (Phase I)
- New tents and tent platforms
- Technology upgrades (online broadcasts and new computers)
- New workspaces in the Programs Office
- Local and organic food project — we're up to 80%
Thank you for your kind generosity!
Please designate a donation or help Karmê Chöling realize these important projects for 2011:
- Alec Peterson Memorial Scholarship Fund (unlimited)
- New grease trap! ($17,000) It's installed but we're still paying for it.
- Painting the house, Phase II ($40,000)
- Work truck with long bed and four-wheel drive ($5,000)
- Thangkas and brocades ($1,800)
- Tent replacements ($15,000)
- Technology upgrades — online broadcasts and new computers ($10,000)
Employer Matching Grants: Many companies match their employees' contributions to non-profit organizations. If your company has such a policy, simply submit a matching gift form with your donation. We will be happy to take care of the rest.
Airline Miles: Karmê Chöling pays travel expenses for our teachers. Help keep costs down by donating your frequent flyer miles.
Wills and Life Insurance Policies: Remember Karmê Chöling in your will or trust, or name Karmê Chöling as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy.
Donate Securities: Stocks, bonds and mutual funds can be donated to Karmê Chöling. You may write off the full current market value of the securities as a tax deduction. (Please consult your financial advisor about any potential limitations to this rule.)
Karmê Chöling continues to thrive because of the generosity of its donors. Thank you for your ongoing support!
"Generosity is the Virtue that Produces Peace."